Tuesday, January 24, 2012

make a statement

IMG_4233

IMG_4226

IMG_4231

I've read in several fashion magazines and online articles that "making a statement" with what you wear is important.  There are also a lot of references to special accents or "statement pieces" in your wardrobe.  It seems as those these statements pieces are held in a special category and are encouraged to be worn with simple styles. 

However, I got excited and evidently wanted to make several statements with this outfit like "I glow in the dark," or "look at my bling," or "I like birds." 
It's like the fashion equivalent of word vomit, but oh-so-eloquently displayed.  This is one of the first times I've worn this skirt...I'll pause for gasps...even though it was purchased last summer.  One of the trends for Spring is adding a pop of color so here you go.  I get extra credit for rocking it in January.

I'm wearing:  skirt (jcrew); shoes/shirt/clutch (thrift); necklace (target)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! A beautiful statement I think...do we really care what the fashion mags say anyways?

    ReplyDelete